Friday, October 28, 2005

Twice the 18 but only half the 72


Yes, I'm 36 today. It's a nice-looking number, at least. I just typed it and looked at it for a bit. I like the nice, curviness of it. It's got BACK! So, I'm going to take this new age on with a positive attitude. As my friend Beki likes to say, with age comes wisdom. I'm getting wiser by the second!
I've had a nice little day so far, driving to work in my new van (thanks, Mark!), getting a precious custom-made purse from Beki, a nice-smelling candle from Krystal, and some birthday cake later designed by Tracy! Ooh, and a nice outfit from Laurie B.

As I always say, I am so blessed to have such a great family and special friends. I'm definitely counting my blessings today and they number way more than 36!

6 comments:

Christa said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your day!

beki said...

Happy Birthday Dahlin!

chesneygirl said...

Happy Birthday to you, Renee!!!

My husband got me a new car for my birthday last year! :)
That custom-made purse sounds AWESOME! (I LOOOOVE purses!)

Sounds like a great day so far!
Enjoy the rest!

candyfortheteacher said...

Happy Birthday... Have a great day and do something for yourself. You have great friends and family. Those are awesome gifts.

DaniGirl said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Renée!!!

The first quarter of 36 has been good to me so far!

:) Dani

Mary Tsao said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I was pregnant and so had mommy brain for much of my 36th year, but from what I remember it was pretty good.

I'm sure yours will be even better.