Friday, November 11, 2005

You gotta love a 3 day weekend!

I had today off. Hooray, hooray . . for Veteran's Day! It was a good day . . some time with the boy, lots of time with the girls and an afternoon at the movies with my mom. We took the girls to see 'Dreamer', which was absolutely fantastic! If you have a chance to see it, do. I thought it was a 'kids' movie, but it's great for adults too. Dakota Fanning is amazing and Kurt Russell is really good too. I cried about 4 different times during the run of the movie and my girls were looking at me as if I'd lost my mind. Anna kept trying to console me. :)
My mom treated us to Piccadilly, which is the girls' favorite! And yesterday, I had a great lunch at The Chimes (which is a really good restaurant right next door to the LSU campus, if you're ever in Baton Rouge, give it a try) with my friend Jolie. She's in from NYC and I love to spend time with her. She's a New Orleanean originally and she came down to check out the status of the city. I still haven't been down there but she said most parts are really depressing and she can't imagine how long it'll take to rebuild. She talked about entire city blocks piled up with debris 3 stories high. The air downtown still contains toxins that made her eyes burn. But she said uptown by the Quarter is much better and is somewhat lively. I'm planning on going down the weekend after Thanksgiving when the Audubon Zoo opens again. I'll fill y'all in then on the my adventures. Well, I have to go catch up with you blog buddies . . Peace out.

5 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I'll watch that movie! I always cry at movies, especially from laughing too hard.
Doesn't it give you the warm fuzzies when a little kid tries to help you? Like your daughter consoling you? Once I had this little kid trying to tie one of my shoes. She obviously didn't even know how to tie her own, but she was trying to help me out by tying mine. It was so cute.
(I never use that word - "cute", 'cause I'm too ruff an' tuff. Don't tell anyone I used that word, if you do, I'll just deny it!)
:-)

Mary Tsao said...

Thanks for the movie tip. Hope you have a great three day weekend! Sounds like it's off to a great start.

Cindy N. said...

I want to see that movie also. I know I'll cry because I always cry at the movies. Glad you got to see Jolie...how does she like living in NYC? I haven't seen her in several years now. Hope she is ok. Please let me know about the zoo, I have been wondering about it and haven't heard anything about it or the Aquarium. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Laurie said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie! I can't think of the last time I saw a movie in the theater!

Let me know how the Audubon Zoo looks, etc, when you get down there. I want to take Anthony soon!

Happy Fall! Now if we could just get the weather to FEEL like fall!

chesneygirl said...

You darn government employees always luck out on these national "holidays." ;)

I'll never, as long as the earth spins, get my husband to see a movie like that. :(

Glad you are enjoying the weekend! :)