Friday, March 31, 2006

No longer 4 where 2 should be

Remember this? That was actually a post back in January. Bad Mother, FroggieMom, didn't take Emma back to the dentist until yesterday, about 5 weeks after I was supposed to. She still had the 2 top front baby teeth behind her almost totally grown in permanent teeth. It was definitely time to get those babies pulled.

With the help of a little 'magic gel' to numb her gums, the two long-lasting (she turned 8 in December) baby teeth were gone in a matter of minutes! Followed by bleeding gums for about an hour and a half. I thought they'd never stop bleeding. Emma didn't mind getting them pulled too much; she was so excited for them to finally be out of there! Poor thing was tired of the kids at school teasing her about being a shark.

So, back to my beautiful Emma smile. I took an 'after' picture of her smiling yesterday but haven't had a chance to upload it. I'll try to do it this weekend.

Here's to 'regular' teeth, LSU in the final four for the first time in 20 years, and a warm weekend ahead! Go Tigers!

13 comments:

Greta Adams said...

GO LSU!! Glad that's over and done with...she is beautiful...i wish i was 8 again..boy the things i would do different from then until now is incredible

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that things went smoothly for Emma. Was the tooth fairy good to her?

GO TIGERS!!! I'm sure my husband wants to have a 'get together' to watch the game tomorrow - yay for me (NOT).

Beth said...

I am sure she was glad to get that done. I had the same thing happen to me when I was younger except it was the bottom two front teeth. My baby teeth would not come out and the new teeth were growing threw the gum in the front. Not a pretty sight. It is no fun getting teeth pulled..but sometimes it is really worth it :-)

Spikey1 said...

Yeah Emma! How much??? ;)

Lala's world said...

glad all went well getting the shark I mean the baby teeth pulled out!!!hope the tooth fairy was good to her!

Drywall Mom said...

I never had that problem of my baby teeth not falling out, I had the problem of having to get braces b/c my teeth were so crooked. I wore them for 5 yrs. I had 8 teeth pulled and an expander put in to open up my bite so that I can have the beautiful smile I have today. Thank goodness I haven't had cavities. I hate the dentist.

DebbieDoesLife said...

I'm glad she wasn't traumatized at the dentist.

We are totally rooting for LSU!!

Anonymous said...

Whew, I bet Emma is very glad that is over!

JeepGirl said...

Congrats to Emma! I know all about babyteeth not coming out. My oldest was the same way. Now you'll have to check out her teeth on my site. Its all worth it.

Sounds like she was a very grown up young lady about he whole deal.

hollibobolli said...

I think having to have a bunch of teeth pulled most definitely means a special trip from the tooth fairy!!

She is such a PRETTY girl. Just lovely!!

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty! I am glad it went well and she can flash that gorgeous smile without looking like a "shark."

Mise en Place said...

YAY for Emma. Teasing her about being a shark...those kids better be careful, sharks can be very dangerous!

She is a beautiful girl!!

momto3blessings said...

Yipee , I bet she is happy! My oldest had the same problem with one of his teeth. The baby one refused to come out. I was upset because we had horrible dental coverage and it was going to cost alot to get it pulled so that night I prayed and Prayed about it and the next morning it fell out. LOL Imagine that. God is good.