Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mardi Gras in the Crescent City!

Last Sunday, we caught the Mid-City parade and the first half of Bacchus, down in New Orleans. Here's some pics from our trip:

There was a lot of poking fun at F.E.M.A., local and state gov't, etc from Katrina at the Mid-City parade. I don't know if you can read the signs below. There was even a 'refrigerator heaven' float.


J
John enjoyed climbing the ladders, oh, and the Clydesdales. Look, the horse on the right even smiled for the picture!

More pictures to come . .

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I love New Orleans. I went to Jazz Fest years ago, pre-kids and pre-hubby, and it was SO much fun! Glad to see the city is celebrating, even though there is a lot of work to do.

DebbieDoesLife said...

Is that your hubby?? He is mighty fine.

Greta Adams said...

how funny is that...if you go to my blog and go to my october archives..my cousin and her friends dressed as an MRE, waterline and refrigerator...that was so funny

Suzanne said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

chesneygirl said...

Oh Renee, thank you for sharing these! They're great!

Our dog smiles like that Clydesdale for pictures too! :P

Mise en Place said...

OMGosh, I felt like I was there! What fun. And Hubby, he's lookin' GOOD!

Sarah said...

Cool pictures!

Fern Bourrie said...

Looks like fun!! I love looking at pictures....thanks for sharing.

Spikey1 said...

Great pictures, thanks!

JeepGirl said...

Theres the beads !! Love the photo shots. Wow you guys were close to the parade units. COOL !

Why is it that kids love to climb the labber. I can never get our out when my 1 year old is around. He's always climbing up behind me.

4evergapeach said...

Weather looks great and looks like you had a fun time! Love those Clydesdales! My friend, around the corner, has a Clydesdale and he is such a character!

Heather said...

How fun!!!! I've never been to Mardi Gras, but it sounds like fun, though my sis has some pretty scary stories of her mardi gras expierences. Love these pic's though.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!