Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The key word here is 'Interesting'.

Behold the "Queen of All Uninteresting" to the left. When I first started blogging, I found it really hard to find blogs that really interested me. Well, not really interested me, I guess, but those that I could relate to and felt that I had something in common with. I've started to realize now just how many blogs there are out there and often I find many that I feel I can relate to. The difference between mine and theirs is that these people seem to have INTERESTING lives and interesting backgrounds. Geez, it's intimidating! I was reading one just now by a working mom and I thought, 'hey, that's what I am, let's read on'. She's seems funny and down-to-earth and someone I may be friends with in real life. Then, I read her profile. She teaches speech communication at a local college, is a figure skater, was a flight attendant, is getting her pilot's license, is recently divorced and just bought her own house independently! I mean, it was one interesting detail after another. Then, there's me. I am deathly afraid of any kind of public speaking, have ice skated only twice (but should call it butt skating b/c I spent more time busting it than on two feet) and the most interesting job I've ever had is wrapping gifts at Dillards during Christmas season. No wonder no one reads my blog! It's like reading nutritional info for granola bars. Or a chapter in an Economics text book. Only a little more dull. Geez. Where are all of the people with the boring lives? Boring Bloggers unite!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Renee-I am very flattered that you find my life interesting. I feel pretty bored actually, and think the things I've done mostly just sound cool, but maybe aren't in actuality. I do so many different things in life because I'm not good at sitting still for too long.

I bet could get you feeling comfortable with skating in one day and not on your butt either! I love your pictures, your kids look like so much fun. I'm sure they keep you very busy. They sound so funny-I love to listen to my son have conversations with other kids or correct me lately. It really cracks me up!

beki said...

Another boring Blogger here! Renee, I don't think your life is boring at all. I find your life very interesting. For real!

Mary Tsao said...

Hey, I find your life interesting, too!

Sometimes I miss the days when I had an online journal (not necessarily a blog) and I knew that the only people reading it were my mother and mother-in-law. I had no comments section so there was no interaction with others. Everything I wrote was for myself (and I guess my mother and mother-in-law.)

Putting yourself out there for the world to see/inspect/etc is difficult, but just know that there are many more readers of your (or any) blog than there are commenters. So keep on living and keep on blogging!

Krisco said...

Hi Renee,

I thought your blog and life were interesting too! Not to be part of the love-pile-on, but really, I did.

And now that I've found it I'll get to read more! :)

BTW, my husband has a West Texas accent. In Colorado, where we used to live, or California, where we go a lot, people just think it's a "southern" accent but he assures me there are lots of differences. I always thought his was cute.

K.