Sunday, June 18, 2006

Okay, so I changed the Date/Time stamp . .

so it wouldn't look like I had posted this 'Happy Father's Day' post the day AFTER the actual event.

I know I don't say it nearly often enough, but thanks for being a great father to our children, Mark.

Thanks for being Anna's softball coach and taking every spare minute when you're not at work to practice
with 14 nine and ten-year-olds. And enjoying it more than they do a lot of the time. Thanks for showing that
you're so proud of them, even when you don't mean to.

Thanks for sharing your farm-life love with Emma. I never would have guessed that she would be the
country girl of the family. Thanks for taking her to do the cow-chores and not having any reason for her to say
"Daddy, you left me out" with a big pouty lip, like she used to. Remember that? ;^)

Thanks for joining me in just enjoying 'the boy' and laughing at his every move. I know that he'll be a great
father one day, from your example.

Let's not forget also to thank you...
-for killing and removing large insects from our house (oh, and the couple
of snakes too)
- for removing splinters from every appendage of each of our kids on a regular basis mostly because,
like their mom, they forget what it means to wear shoes
-for making pancakes in the shape of our initials (a skill I'll never acquire).

As John would say, 'Da-dee, YOU!
(translation . . I love you, Daddy).

Well, me too.

21 comments:

Nicki said...

Sweet!

chesneygirl said...

Aw, that's SO sweet Renee!!! :)

mothergoosemouse said...

Love it! Happy Father's Day to Mark.

KristieSue said...

Very Sweet! :) God Bless your family.

Petite Mom Blogger said...

Awww, how very sweet. Love the pics!
Hope your family had a wonderful day!

holli said...

that was so sweet..

And I too appreciate the bug killing talents of all the men in my life.. as small as it may be to them - it means a lot to us!!

Anonymous said...

...and for knowing how to, and doing everything around this three house commune,never saying "No".
I personally admire his calmness,his dedication, and his innate sweetness.

MawMaw

Greta said...

too sweet...your a lucky woman and they are lucky to have them as a dad

martie said...

How sweet that you can stop and recognize all the everyday things he does for the family. He's a lucky man!

Jamie said...

Hope you all had a great Father's Day together! :)

Erin said...

Aw! Very sweet. You are so lucky to have each other.

Anne said...

lovely lovely post.

momyblogR said...

Sweet, sweet, SWEET! And cute, lol!

Suzanne said...

What a lovely tribute to your husband. He sounds like a great father.

DebbieDoesLife said...

And, that he's really CUTE!!! I guess thats a bonus that just mom gets to enjoy!

Mrs. Flinger said...

Ahhh, adorable. What a lovely man you have there! (Both of them)

Mary Tsao said...

He sounds wonderful! And he's easy on the eyes, too. Happy Father's Day, indeed.

Suzie Petunia said...

You're a lucky girl. I am thankful every day for my wonderful husband, too!

klanglee said...

I always tell you that you've got it made, Renee. This post just proves it even more. Happy Father's Day to Mark!

kendra said...

SOOOOOOOOOO sweet. Sounds like one lucky family all the way around:)

MarkD60 said...

Heyyyy! Stingrays! That's a Cayman Islands team!