Monday, June 05, 2006

Catching you up a little . .

I've about given up on ever getting Blogger to allow me to import the rest of my Tennessee pictures. It just keeps spitting them back at me. Little F'er.

So, I thought I'd do a picture-less post. Which is not the norm for me. I've been a busy one lately. School's out, summer activities have started and I'm running around like a total nut. The girls have horse camp this week, way out in Chiquapin Parish (okay, that's not the real name of the parish, but I think that was the made-up parish name in Steel Magnolias, so I thought I'd steal it). Anyway, this camp is about an hour and a half away from my house, which makes for a looong driving day. And today was just the first day. Shit. The girls did love the camp though. Emma's on a horse named Dusty Rose and Anna's on a dude named Reno. They learned to saddle up the horses, brush them, put the bridle on, and do a little trotting and cantering too. They know more now, at the ages of 10 and 8, than I've ever known about horses in all of my 36 years. I'm still not over the 'ring on the calf's penis' thing. Yikes!

Anna's wrapping up her softball season and Emma's just getting started with coache's pitch. Her team is named the Tigers and they're purple and gold, so I know my dad will be sending good vibes her way. He was the biggest LSU Tiger fan I've ever known. Combine that with his Emma and I know he'll be smiling down on every game.

John M. has been hanging with his sisters and now calls the ballpark his home. He's started saying actual small sentences and sometimes he talks so much, I pop his 'noopie' in his tiny piehole just to get some peace and quiet. Bad Mother Award number 103,677 for me.

I'm starting to gear up for vacation in less than 4 weeks. Did I mention I have no idea how we're going to fund this trip? I guess Mr. Master Card will be paying for it. Don't you love him? Right up until he mails you his bill.

I bought a flat iron on Ebay today. I was a flat-iron virgin until my trip to the hair salon last weekend. I loved the flat iron look! Who'd have thunk it? My hair is pretty stick straight anyway, but this made it straighter and silkier. Do any of you ladies use one of these? If so, do you have any tips for me?

Okay, now that I've jumped topics about 10 times, I'm going to bed. And prepare to hightail it to Guam (Chiquapin Parish horse camp) tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. Jealous, aren't you?

11 comments:

Ex-playgroup mommy said...

I can't believe your girls are out of school already. Mine don't finish until the 16th. An hour and a half drive both ways??? What is the baby doing the whole time? Do you have a DVD player? I used to like driving but now I can't listen to my music so it stinks!

I've never used a flat iron, but when I get my hair cut, the stylist uses one. I want to get one but I was never any good with a curling iron so I'm not sure I'll be good with a flat iron. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Have a good day, my Oriental daughter. How much was the flat iron on e-bay? I just know you got a "deal".

chesneygirl said...

I know what you mean about blogger and pictures. I STILL can't get my damn Kenny pictures up!!! I'm PISSED!!

Sounds like you're busy, busy, busy! So am I!

I use a flat iron every single day. My hair is wavy and frizzy and I HATE IT! So I use a flat iron to straighten it everyday. It takes forever too. at least mine does...I have LONG hair.
*sigh* the cost of beauty! ;)

Anonymous said...

The horse camp sounds like so much fun! That's cute that John M. calls the ballpark "home." I know you are counting down to vacation! :)

Greta Adams said...

I have a CHI and I love it. Just make sure you use Paul Mitchell skinny or Biolage Bio Silk before using it. It helps protect from the heat. God forbid don't use a whole lot just about a dime size for your whole head.

Glad horse camp was fun for them.

I know what ya mean about the constant talking with kids. I took both my kids pacifier's away at 1 and girl lemme tell ya. that's when i learned to be a professionaly tuner outer of the babbling...hehehe

have fun tomorrow

Mise en Place said...

Wow, you sound like you are having fun, lol!

We have banished Mr. Master Card from our home...he is no longer welcomed here, lol!

A flatiron? My hair is so thick and coarse I need a branding iron. Besides my hair is short. :)

Carrie Guevara said...

Don't you love summer? So busy yet fun- all at the same time :)

Flat Irons can be great - just remember to have your hair completely dry before starting and use a protective creme to keep the heat from frying your hair and to help keep your straight locks smooth.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love summer! I am so jealous over your fantabulous vacation!

Martie said...

Summer when the kids are home from school is the best! I loved it when my kids were on summer break. Sounds as if they are keeping you pretty busy with horse camp and all though.

I know what you mean about "blogger". It's been acting up for quite a few days now. AARGH!

Lisa M. said...

Don't ya love summer? *grin* I love softball. I miss it.

I love the way you see things.

Mary Tsao said...

"I pop his 'noopie' in his tiny piehole just to get some peace and quiet. Bad Mother Award number 103,677 for me."

Ha Ha! This is the funniest thing I've read all week. And I know exactly what you mean, too!