Friday, January 25, 2008
I read Martie's post this morning and decided it was time that I do another one of these myself.
I'm thankful for:
- my girls' happiness at school. They both basically have nice, good-natured friends who they can count on to help them out and be there when they need them. They've had very little bullying and 'mean-girl' syndrome.
- John's daycare caregivers. I've mentioned Sam and Mike before; they provide such a great place for John to be during the day. They're like an extra set of grandparents for him, and the bonus is there's always lots of other kids there for him to play with.
- the general kindness of strangers. People letting me in, when I'm in traffic, holding doors open, going out of their way to help when they don't have to. (yes, a very nice man let opened two doors for me when my hands were full, on the way in this morning).
- my husband's sense of humor. He's been making me laugh this week talking about his new experiences with his new job.
- my mom helping out with all of my kids' school projects. Thanks God for her when creating Anna's family tree!
- a job where I can take off an hour here and there when I need to, b/c Lord knows that happens a lot.
- coupons! I'm about to use one right now to save on the latest school project for Emma.
That's all for now; Anna is on her way to see Hannah Montana tonight. She's so excited!
I hope y'all have a great weekend.
**updated 1:21a.m. Saturday. I'm making an addition to this entry. I'm thankful to God for keeping my girl safe. On the way to the concert (about 75 miles away), on a very rainy drive, the car she was in hydroplaned, spun out of control on the interstate and hit the guard rail. Everyone involved was very shaken up, but thank God, no one was hurt. She called me crying saying all she wanted to do was come home. That call was followed, about 5 minutes later by a happy call saying the police were there and she felt safer. Cue Mark to go pick her up, followed by a call saying he was taking the whole crew to the concert. They had a great time and got home safely about an hour ago. Thank you, Lord for watching over my family and thank you Mark for making your girl a happy one. Oh, and for sitting through an entire Hannah Montana concert.