Friday, January 25, 2008

Gratitude Friday



I read Martie's post this morning and decided it was time that I do another one of these myself.

I'm thankful for:

- my girls' happiness at school. They both basically have nice, good-natured friends who they can count on to help them out and be there when they need them. They've had very little bullying and 'mean-girl' syndrome.

- John's daycare caregivers. I've mentioned Sam and Mike before; they provide such a great place for John to be during the day. They're like an extra set of grandparents for him, and the bonus is there's always lots of other kids there for him to play with.

- the general kindness of strangers. People letting me in, when I'm in traffic, holding doors open, going out of their way to help when they don't have to. (yes, a very nice man let opened two doors for me when my hands were full, on the way in this morning).

- my husband's sense of humor. He's been making me laugh this week talking about his new experiences with his new job.

- my mom helping out with all of my kids' school projects. Thanks God for her when creating Anna's family tree!

- a job where I can take off an hour here and there when I need to, b/c Lord knows that happens a lot.

- coupons! I'm about to use one right now to save on the latest school project for Emma.

That's all for now; Anna is on her way to see Hannah Montana tonight. She's so excited!

I hope y'all have a great weekend.

**updated 1:21a.m. Saturday. I'm making an addition to this entry. I'm thankful to God for keeping my girl safe. On the way to the concert (about 75 miles away), on a very rainy drive, the car she was in hydroplaned, spun out of control on the interstate and hit the guard rail. Everyone involved was very shaken up, but thank God, no one was hurt. She called me crying saying all she wanted to do was come home. That call was followed, about 5 minutes later by a happy call saying the police were there and she felt safer. Cue Mark to go pick her up, followed by a call saying he was taking the whole crew to the concert. They had a great time and got home safely about an hour ago. Thank you, Lord for watching over my family and thank you Mark for making your girl a happy one. Oh, and for sitting through an entire Hannah Montana concert.

12 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Nice list, Renee!!

And how exciting for Anna, I hope you has a fantastic time!!! :)

chesneygirl said...

OOPS! that should say SHE has a fantastic time.

Sorry. It's Friday.

Anonymous said...

....we are blessed, Na.
I am so thankful.
Love, MOM

Martie said...

Oh, I am thankful Anna nor any of the others in that vehicle were injured. Thank You, God for looking after them all and keeping them in the palm of Your hand!

Sarah said...

Oh my God, how scary! I'm glad they ended up having a nice time at the concert! My Mary and Anna would be so jealous!

chesneygirl said...

How scary for her. But I am so glad she was okay and still able to have fun at the concert!! :)

...and Kudos to Mark!!

Krisco said...

Wow, how scary. I am so glad they are all okay!!! And glad they got to see the concert after all; that's a nice memory instead of being scared like that.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, thank goodness everyone was okay!! I know she must have been so scared (and you too!).

My daughter is very jealous of her goign to a Hannah Montana concert. How fun!!

And I loved your whole list!

Anne said...

Thank the Lord for watching over that car! And yes, your husband rules. I love it when Dads go out of their way for their daughters.

hollibobolli said...

I hope you all are doing okay. I am NOT looking forward to Faith driving, but we have to have faith that God will watch over our children.. right? I'm so thankful it turned out okay.

Hannah Montana is just now coming into our lives. Yeeee.

DebbieDoesLife said...

YOu do have a lot to be grateful for! What a blessing that no one was hurt.

Wow - can't believe she got to see Hannah Montana (not that I could care) but tickets here in Houston are a hot, hot item!

~Telah said...

Wow! So glad that everyone was alright. I'm sure that was a scary call for you to receive. Glad she got to enjoy HM afterall.