Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's been 11 days since my last post?

How did that happen? I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. I had a good one. Mark and the kids gave me a big pot of pretty zinnias and some planters. Emma made me a 'Best Mom Ever' frame (see below) and John M. let me snuggle with him for about 2 hours on Sunday. Can't get a better gift than that, huh?

We enjoyed a nice lunch with my sister and her kids, and my mom at my favorite seafood restaurant, Don's, on Sunday and visited Mark's parents that evening. The kids got to pick veggies from the garden, ride out and pick blackberries and show off their softball skills to Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw. It was a nice day all in all.

To top it all off, John M. got his nail thing going. Doesn't he look excited?

13 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Sounds like a very nice day!!

...alot better than what I had, that's for sure!

Great nails, btw...they're longer than mine!! ;)

Laurie said...

Happy Mother's Day (late)!!

I love John M's nails!

MarkD60 said...

Sounds like you had a good Mothers Day! Looking at your son's fake fingernails, in grade school, we'd dump a puddle of Elmer's Glue on our desk and let it dry. Then we'd cut it into claw-shaped fingernails and stick them to our real ones. It worked pretty good!

beki said...

It certainly sounds like a lovely day!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Um...he looks a little freaked out by those killer nails! ;)

Martie said...

Glad you had an enjoyable Mother's Day with the hubby and kids and family!

That John M. is so darn cute and I love the look on his face with the nails on!!!

Greta Adams said...

man that sounds like a rockin mother's day!!

Anne said...

Hahah! Priceless! Glad your Mother's Day was so nice!

laura capello said...

*love* the nails!

Cheryl Wray said...

Great pics!!
Glad you had such a great Mom's Day!!

Anonymous said...

I have been a blog slacker to. Life seems to get in the way.

Glad to hear you had a nice Mothers Day. Love that sweet little face on John M (oh and the nails of course).

4evergapeach said...

Glad you had a nice Mothers Day and the kids made it special for you.

Love the nails John!

kristi said...

I've been wondering about ya!! Those picture frames are too cute, so are the nails!