Friday, August 17, 2007

Good God, you're almost 3 already!




I haven't done a John M. post in a while, and it's hard for me to believe that boy will be 3 years old next month.

Here he is at the bull-riding show last weekend. He loves bulls, have I mentioned that? Especially watching the 'mans' fall off of the bulls. That's his favorite.

He'll also give his right pinky toe for a doughnut. He'll give his whole foot for a bag of doughnut holes! I have an addict on my hands here. You see, my boss brings me doughnut holes every Thursday morning and I started this thing where I bring them back for John. Well, he asks every day now for those things, and cannot seem to get the concept that it's only once a week. I've created a monster.

Recently, he's fallen in love with a book of nursery rhymes given to him by my mom. He wants to read it every day and his favorite is 'The Purple Cow'. That cow cracks him up. He says every single time that we get to that page (which is usually from the get-go b/c he skips right to it), 'that cow is in the wrong pasture'. I don't know how the kid knows this but he insists that the cow has somehow gotten to the wrong pasture. Of course, he has heard his dad say the same thing about our non-purple cows about 500 times. So, that could be it.

His other favorites now are:

- playing basketball at my sister's house, jumping from a mini-trampoline

- his cousin, Jenna (Jen-Jen)

- bathing with his toy horses and cows

- asking when his 'bird-day party' is going to be 10 times a day

- pancakes at maw-maw's house

- rolling in the dirt

- being naked as a jaybird
(of course, I enjoy those last 2 quite a bit myself!)

That's my boy. Look out 3s, here he comes.


9 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

This is such a great post!!! Don't you just love this age? The things they say and do. Just priceless!!!
I'd give a body part for a doughnut right now too! lol

Melissa said...

Hi Renee,

I found your blog about a year ago from links on other blogs and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading about your sweet family!

Melissa

Martie said...

I can't believe that John M. is going to be 3 already....but then Drew will turn 3 in October! I don't know where the time goes....it just flies by!

Thanks for this wonderful and cute post!

hollibobolli said...

Awww - I want to hang out with John M. I love donuts and pancakes... and the purple cow thing would crack me up. I can't believe he's going to be three. He's so cute!!

mamatulip said...

Good gravy, is he ever cute!!

"Bird-day party". That is so freakin' CUTE!

Anonymous said...

They grow up way to fast! John M sounds like a joy!

Mel said...

Yikes,where have I been, you been posting more often girl? Am loving this post. kids are so defined at this age and its awesome that you document it like this. he sounds like such a character!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just LOVE how you can see the mischief so clearly in his eyes in this photo! He's (gonna be) a heartbreaker!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I can't believe he will be 3 already myself. Where did the time go? I also loved my book of nursery rhymes as a child, too!